The initial idea of sharing personal thoughts and opinions in such a public place scared me since I am a quiet and not very out spoken person.
My vision for my blog is to access the other side of my personality and share it with colleagues and the world at large. Taking into account the article "Substantive and Feminist Girlie Action" by Rhodes, which I have recently read, my blog will add to the already existing and growing female space on the web. This space will be all inclusive and not separatist, but create a domain for thoughts, debates, and opinions of all types with special focus on women. The links on my blog represent the outreach of the space that Tap's has sort of forced us to create, but we have more than gladly agreed to do so.
I am sure that this will be a fun and interesting new experience for myself, even if I am very hesitant to start it up.
that's all... short and sweet as usual.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I certainly agree with you on the nature of blogs, putting personal opinions and ideas out in a space as public as we are always being reminded the internet is, blogging can feel very voyeuristic in nature. With that said, as someone who is also often happy to keep my opinions to myself, I plan to take advantage of this alternative way to participate more in class discussion. I feel less pressure when I have a chance to look at my words and check to be sure that what I am comunicating is actually what I am intending. Hopefully this proves true for you as well.
At least between the blogging, and in class activities, our class should all get to know each other well!
As to keeping your space as inclusive and open as possible, I am doing the same over on my site. While I doubt that I will get much, if any, feedback from anyone not involved with our class, we can always hope that our discussions will be apreciated by as large a crowd as possible. Besides, what is the point of being a voyuer if you only open yourself to an exclusive group?
Hey Alyssa!
I admire your willingness to admit that you are a shy person and that all this blogging jazz is new to you. I hope that this class creates an environment that allows you to open up and expess your opinions and feelings. I think that this class will be great as long as we all create a open atmosphere. As for being hesitant... I am sure that no one will give you a reason to be hesitant! Have fun with this blog, speak your mind, be angry, be happy rant, rave and roar. And most importantly keep on bloggin' in the free world!!!
Post a Comment