The hypereality that we live in is so hard to digest.
The reading due this week by Baudrillard hit me on so many levels. The confusion that it brought about in my mind intrigued me. The simulation of a reality that we all live in is so, for a lack of a better word, real. As I sit here watching TV, I clearly see the acceleration of images being constantly being played and rotated. The issue going on right now with North Korea scares me a little, so I find myself looking to news channels to update me. The up to the minute news that I am consuming though isn't really registering as something really important or significant, to me. It kind of seems like just another topic that is being discussed. The only time the seriousness of the situation registers with me is when I think about it on my own, and even then I question what I know because whatever arguments I have, have come from a "senior analyst" on TV. This absorption that occurs here, still is not significant because I seem to just be taking it in without a second doubt, (except when some crazy republican goes off saying how wonderful America is). Through this whole process there still is no reflection on my part that actually signifies the importance of the situation.
That is a lot for me, to realize the "reality" around me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment